dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DervFan View Post
As a guess I would say that if I added the cost of the 2x 4ltr bottles to the cost of the service that would be:

£78 (service) + £70 (2x4ltr oil) = £148 total

Elms quoted me £184 (all in if they supplied the oil, filter, labour, vat, etc).

So assuming I saved £36 and I divided that by 8 ltrs (I supplied) that would be the total saving per ltr. ergo £4.50p/ltr.....not much, but better in my pocket than theirs

However, the true saving was £71, as I only had to buy 1x4ltr bottle as I already had a spare at home...(£184 (full price service) - £78 (service price supplying my own oil) - £35 (1x4ltr oil) = £71.

Elms Cambridge - couldn't get much sense out of Elms Stortford when I called them (even though they're nearer). They couldn't quote me for supplying my own oil (WTF?) and never called me back either......

The dealer told me that the 320d would need 6.5ltrs and the 330d needed 7.5ltrs. They guessed the 32d would be between that...... Although I suspect it needed the same as the 330d
I have the same thing, cambs much friendlier and give you a price on the phone, past experiances of stortford have been below average.

But give them their due this week, the young lady rung me back several times and even when i said you havent got me a price yet and this needs doing she did get back to me and even organised a car for me at short notice and 400 quid cheaper than cambs!

Carlos