crazed792
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcstc View Post
Can you post a pic of where you pulled that harness from so I can make sure you have the right one? I can send you a pin that should fit there but then you'll need a multimeter to test it.
Well, I tried to take a picture, but I can't really get it to work out. I'm using my iphone and I can't light the area.

It's about 2 inches or so to the right of the trunk button, and maybe 4 inches deeper. It would normally of course be covered by a panel, but I've removed it. I only see one 41 pin connector. Does that sound right to you?

If you can send me a pin that I could hook up to there, I can find a way to test it. From there I could just plug in my accy cable and be all set, assuming it's active. Just PM price details, and assuming it's reasonable I'll go that route. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: You know, looking at the diagram again, I don't think the 41 pin connector I found quite matches the location (the second picture, in the first one it looks fine, but with a different panel open). It's a bit of an odd view though, because I was opening up via the panel over the brake pedal, and this looks to be a view from the panel under the steering wheel... If there's a second connector where this is though, I thought I would have seen it. I can try looking again at some point if you think it might be a different connector, but I have everything back together now.

Last edited by crazed792; 07-02-2010 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 0