08-08-2014, 10:39 AM   #6
335dFan
Jumping Jack Flash
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
Day 3

Day 3 (2 Aug) was spent with the car guys driving up Wolf Creek Pass from Pagosa Springs to the summit. The younger troops in the M3s and M5s passed me when I got stuck behind a Subaru in the slow lane. It was just as well that I was slowed down, for a couple of reasons. I am not as good a driver these days, and since I was tucked in behind them trying to catch up going up that 6-8 percent grade, I wasn't in front when we all got zapped by the local gendarme radar. Unexpectedly no one in that group got ticketed, although the speeds at one point were 90+, but some chap behind me did get one.

Was not so lucky on the way back. Actually I was poking along at or below the speed limit all the way down to where the road levels out. Then I stopped to take some pics. When I started back up for the final few miles back into town, the road was straight and no cars were coming or going, so I got careless. The guy wrote me up for a 79 in a 60; said he got me with his laser. A couple of things were wrong with his story. I did not "see" his laser on the V1 and I had slowed down by the time the limit went from 65 to 65. I find it hard to argue in situations like that. In fact I was going 90-95 earlier, and I expect he just saw me rushing by and did an estimate. I deserved it.

Later that day I spent some nice time soaking in the hot springs in town.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0