View Single Post
      05-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
Jolga
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 323i Prem 6MT SG

Question Anyone Changed Their Differential Fluid Yet?

I found a young, HONEST mechanic in Edmonton Alberta who woprks for a fraction of the stealership rates. He is very talented, but has never worked on E90's before. Thanks to the DIY's on this great site we easily did the CDV mod and now at 2300KM's it was time to change all the fluids (decided to try Amsoil). We did the oil change and the manual tranny in about 40 minutes but there is no drain plug on the differential! I searched here and people mention that some kind of pump should be used to suck the fluid out.
Has anyone tried to change their differential fluid yet? If so, could you please post a DIY about it. If not we will have to be the pioneers, improvise (buy some kind of reverse pump), take pictures and post them so that others will not be in the dark as we are now.
There is no way I believe this BS about lifetime fluids. They are made to last while the car is on BMW's dime and anything after that is pot luck. Before the “free warranty” BMW’s had a comprehensive, preventative maintenance schedule and then suddenly all these fluids and procedures have become unnecessary, WTF! I’m sure the engineers pulled their hair out when the bean counters told them that great piece of news!
Appreciate 0