United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
1974 VW Beetle  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arter View Post
Great day, ran HPDE class 2 with my E90 335Xi. First time running this car on a race track and also first time running with my JB3 tune. Still had the factory runflats on, not bad but the car under-steered and could use something bigger than 225's up front. I am probably going to a square set-up with 245's all around. Brakes were surprisingly good. Oil temp only hit 250
( have factory oil cooler) but temperature only in 40-50's so maybe not a hard challenge.

The JB3 gave me all the power I could use, hit 135 in the back straight and 124 in the front, unfortunately I was sliding more than I would like on the turns.
Still working on my driving skills......

JB3 gives this car more power than the M3's present ( although modded Corvettes are a different matter).

Very pleasantly surprised by this car.
If I could make one recommendation, it would be to disable the JB3 on track. Until you get to the higher run groups, the best way to drop time is to tighten the screw behind the wheel. I have a completely stock engine and have blown by Corvettes, M3s, etc. in the same run group. Switch out those tires for something like 245/40/17 all around on non-RFT like Bridgestone Potenza RE01R or Dunlop Direzza Z1 SS. Good job on getting it on track though, keep it up!
Appreciate 0