05-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
hemi to e90
dat boost doe
Poland
Rep
Drives: 10 335i 21 740li

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlfbio View Post
Are the Super Sports worth almost twice the price? 19" staggered, so no rotating. This is my DD and I put 120 hwy miles commuting roundtrip to work. There will be a little track/autoX time.

I know the Supersports are a better tire, but is it worth it when I'll be burning through the rubber this fast?
i understand your motive and your question here. i too put a lot of miles on my e90 (20k in 9 months), so spending 1000+ on tires is, unappealing to be polite about it.

i wouldnt go to the v12s if your mostly doing street driving because of the wear rate and personal unsatisfactory experience with them, but i recently got the bf goodrich comp2s, and while they are a little loud around town, they are fantastic. grip is very high, braking performance is right up there, and with 380whp+, they dont break traction as quickly as other tires have.

my point is while you dont have to go comp2s, you can find other, fantastic tires for a reasonable price and with a reasonable tread wear in comparison to the pilot sports.