08-31-2007, 06:07 AM   #1
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

After months of waiting

It has finally arrived.

(Do we have any ladies on here?) and Gentlemen, I present to you….

my new torch

Being a huge fan of obscure satellite channels for many years, I have been a big fan of Sergei’s shopping channel programme for a long, long time. It was over 4 months ago that I decided to take the plunge and go for one of his super torches, and the wait has been murderous.

But what a piece of kit. The wait really has been worth it. My only slight complaint is the price. Friends and family think I’m certifiably nuts paying over thirty thousand pounds for what they have referred to as “Not even two quids worth of crappy torch”, and prior to its arrival, I was inclined to agree with them.

But then, at the moment of delivery, I understood exactly why I was shelling out so much money, because I saw how well the torch was parcelled & delivered.

It was even delivered in a fully covered transporter!

And these shots show just how carefully and intricately the torch is shielded from the outside world. I was going to recycle all of the packaging immediately, but I’ve been convinced that this needs to be held onto to justify the expenditure on the torch.

The wait for the car to arrive was bad, especially the final few days.
It got considerably worse in the hours between when my Subaru was collected and I was technically car-less (that’s car-less, not Car-los – REPEAT I was not Carlos or any other member of the Fandango clan).

However, now it has actually arrived and sat on my drive, yet I still am not allowed to drive it – that is soooooo much worse. I am not a patient person, this is hard beyond belief.

So, although it may only be midday, I am going to the pub. A mouthful of wife beater later and I will be calm, as I would not allow myself to drive the car with any beer inside me – therefore, pain over.

I shall report again tomorrow, when the torch (and I suppose) the packaging have had their first run out.

Oh, by the way, £75 for velour mats? Is someone at BMW taking the p1ss? On a m2 basis, that’s twice the expense of my living room carpet, and I know what I’d rather be walking in bare feet on.

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0