View Single Post
      10-12-2016, 05:31 PM   #54
McPikie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwejun View Post
Love the anti gun crowd, never have been forcibly pushed to side of off ramp and screamed and threatened by a gap toothed drunk at 3 in the morning is my take. All safe and nestled in their warm beds. Not me OB/gyn, out at all times of the night serving three hospitals when on call. Had no idea why the guy was going off just knew if the threat escalated I had a backup. Btw, you can't just go around brandishing a gun to threaten a possible perp. You'll go to jail or at least a large fine. When Officer Friendly might pull me over he or she already knows that I am a carrier from the background check that was run before they get out of their cruiser. If my gun is visible to them in the car I'm in trouble already.
I don't feel comfortable carrying all the time and I get extended training in case of instances where perps go nuts.
FYI, my 82 yr old father got cut off and stopped by a drunk and his drunk other and proceeded to try and punch my dad who had colon surgery 6 weeks prior, hit him once in stomach before my dad got one off on him. I wish he had been carrying to wipe that dirt off the earth. He still has no idea why the guy did it just that he didn't move from red to green light fast enough for the guy. Chit happens. Thank goodness bystanders weren't afraid to intervene.
It's that kind of mentality that worries me. One punch and you'd have emptied a clip in him??

I had a bit of road rage a few years ago because some guy cut me up and I beeped at him. We both got out at a red, words were exchanged, and he threw a sneaky left punch which split my face open.

Would I have shot him? Hell no.
Appreciate 0