04-11-2008, 01:25 AM   #22
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
I find this comment amusing, as you say your after mods for 'performance' then go on and list several performance hindering or non-performance related mods (i.e. trim changes).
Everyone knows that painting/powder coating brake calipers actually makes them less effective as they are unable to cool down efficiently (as the coating is a hinderance to heat transfer) and can result in brake fade (underperformance).
I've never had any issues with the brakes on any spirited driving I've done thus far. If I start having issues such as fade etc then I'll change them. I was not aware of the issues relating to powder coating the stockers so will take that on board -thanks for the advise.

As for the trim, yes that's pure bling / personal preference. As for CF in the engine bay it's not necessarily CF that will make an intake better. I don't really like the design of the CAI's presently available, the Gruppe M is really nice but if a similar design in OEM style plastic was cheaper then I'd probably invest in that to save a few pennies.
Appreciate 0