zaxjax
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 Crimson Red 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk335i View Post
Hey guys, I am planning on claying my car today with Zaino claybar as well as polishing it and I had a few questions

1. I am unsure as to clay just the hairline scratches and swirls or do the whole car.

2. It says on the directions to wash the clayed area afterwards but it is not specific as to how. Could I use detail spray? or should I wash (and dry) the whole car with dawn again? (just did this yesterday).

3. I just got a new Porter cable 7424XP with XL pad kit (http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable...cessories.html) and I want to make sure that I use it correctly to insure I get the best results. Should I apply the Zaino polish with the buffer or do it by hand with the cotton applicator pads that I have?

4. Which pads should I use for applying and which one should I use for buffing?

5. Can I use Zaino Polish on windows or trim? Or should I tape off everything?

Sorry if this is too many questions, I just want to make sure I do everything correctly and preserve my paint. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Mk
1. Do the whole car! This will pull all the contaminants out of the paint

2. You can wash the whole car afterwards but when you clay, you spray the QD and then clay and then wipe off with a microfiber

3. It says Zaino is a polish but it is really just a sealant. Z2 and Z5 have no correcting properties. I apply Zaino with the applicator spritzed with Z6

4. If you don't have any real polishes, you can use the black to apply Z2 and Z5 but they absorb lots of liquid, you may end up wasting your Zaino

5. Zaino is not a polish it's a sealant, I do not use it on windows or trim. I have specific products for those.

You need to get some polishes to do any paint correction, swirl removal, and scratches

Hope this helps