View Single Post
      04-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #419
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWysong View Post
Here is my plan for my new-to-me 335xi, and a few questions so I buy the right stuff...

Wash, then clay, then...

Menzerna IP and cutting pad (try a polishing pad first and then move up to a cutting if necessary) for swirl marks.
Klasse AIO and a polishing pad
Klasse SG applied by MF? or can we use the PC on this too? (I use a terry covered form applicator to apply my sealants. Give it light spritz of water before you start)

When applying wax over the Klasse, if i want to use the PC to apply this wax, whats the best type to buy? Most recomended waxes seem to be applied with the applicator, not a PC. Should I stick with these types, can i get a deep high gloss liquid wax for application with the PC. I wax so much, i would prefer to use the pc to speed things up.

(My advice, don't wax over your klasse SG as it will prevent you from adding additional layers of klasse SG. In terms of using a PC to wax, you can apply any wax with a PC. Two ways to do this; 1. Pop the entire brick of wax out of the tin and rub it on the foam finishing pad. 2. Use a butter knife to scrape a bit of the wax out of the tin and onto the finishing pad. There is a third option which consists of using a liquid wax.)

*edit* I see Zaino is now recomended over Klasse but I used this last year and I enjoyed the results. Is there a good reason I should toss the Klasse and pick up Zaino? I was just thinking I would use up what I have left, then move on to try the Zaino in the winter or next spring.

(Keep your Klasse. No need to throw it away. Once you are done, definitely give Zaino a shot. I think you will like it a lot.)

Lastly, there are all these "black diamond" type waxes that are "perfect" for black cars. How much truth is in that? is there a type of wax I would prefer, having a black car?

(At the end of the day, it depends on the type of "look" you like. Some waxes and sealants provide a warmer, deeper, less blingy look, while others are more bright. I would but one grand blitz wax in the warm and deep category. Pinnacle Souveran is warm and deep with a touch more brightness to it. And then once you get to sealants they tend to lean more towards the bright end of things. Zaino has done a great job though because they have covered both off with Z2 and Z5. Z2 is brighter, while Z5 is deeper.)
See my comments in the above quote.
Appreciate 0