02-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
choopy
Juicy Booty NomNoMnom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3 Vert/2005 M3 Competition

Lightbulb Chicagoland Group DIY & Meet/Get Together *UPDATED*

*UPDATED!! 2/7/09

Alright guys, so it's been a while since we've had a meet of any kind, and while I know the weather outside sucks, pretty bad, I'm still doing mods to my car, even simple ones, and I'm sure a lot of you guys are out there too! Which brings me to throw an idea out there, since I don't think i'm the only one that would be interested in something like this, I'd like to setup a DIY meet where experienced members can help and guide those trying new DIY's. A few things that I myself would like some help with are:

1. Hard wiring the V1, via sunroof or A pillar.
2. The Corner delete mod, to get rid of that ugly amber corner light, I'm just not much on wiring, at least in this case.
3. CF wrapping interiors, from what I've read on the forums, patience, precision, and a sharp knife are the most necessary tools for this job.
4. Vinyl trim overlay for the e92 exterior, either DIY, or getting a shop recommended to do this for me/us.
*5. Professionally Repair curb rash from rims
*6. Find a professional dent/ding repair service

These are just a few things that I personally would like to do, and I'm sure you've each got your own mods in mind and we could definitely make the best of this. Now, since this is my idea, and we would need somewhere to do this, I nominate my garage in(Lemont, SW BURBS), it has plenty of room and it partially heated (by that I mean we have vents that lead into the garage from the boiler room leading heat into a rather cold garage).

Of course, this idea is open to changes and any input from any interested parties is appreciated. For me personally, Saturday would be a good day as well as Sunday throughout; however, if enough interest is generated for a particular day/time frame, I'd willing to work that out too. I really hope we can make something of this and I'll do my best to provide what knowledge I have. Let me know guys!!

Choopy aka Chris

Last edited by choopy; 02-07-2009 at 05:09 PM..
Appreciate 0