View Single Post
      01-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #25
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

I have an 07 I have CA I do not get a message of extra power draw but have gone through a battery in 10 months and wondering too if I have a draw/short somewhere.
The accessory theory is far fetched and pretty amateur to say, if any power was getting through you would have a light on whatever was plugged in on the cord.
I do notice this and something to ponder.....
Whenever I wash the car, I forget 9 out of 10 times, the keys in my pocket. Once the car gets wet, the doors start locking and unlocking and no buttons pressed... I do keep the keys in the house but in actuality it's about 10/15 feet with a wall in the way of the key and car.
So if it rains out, is my doors unlocking and locking or waking up and staying awake?

EDIT: I just moved the car out so the wife can get out of the driveway, after I shut the car off and got out, I started walking away and heard the locks LOCK. The car is wet from overnight drizzling. So the sensors on the door handle is wet, the car starts freaking out (doors locking or unlocking) when the remote is near it.

Last edited by MrQuickR1; 01-30-2013 at 07:37 AM..
Appreciate 0