View Single Post
      04-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

Why I Hate Main Dealers

I have just been reminded once again why I hate taking my car to a main dealers.

My car developed a very annoying rattling noise from the convertible hardtop a few weeks ago. The noise is very noticeable as soon as you start driving and especially when you go over potholes etc, so much so in fact that even the OH has complained about it. So seeing as it was bought on the used approved scheme, I spoke to the salesman I bought it from who kindly booked it in.

So I dropped the car off yesterday with the assurance that someone would call me as soon as they'd had a look. Didn't hear a peep all day and then finally at about 5.30 got told that they weren't able to look at the car that day due to the computer systems being down. Why they need a computer to look at a mechanical problem with the roof is beyond me but after a long day I was too tired to argue so agreed that they would look at it today and give me a call.

I have just been called to be informed that they were unable to locate the noise so I asked them whether they had actually driven the car to which they replied no! Ok so by this point I am starting to loose my patience as how are they going to identify a noise when the car has been stood still? Anyway I told them they only need to drive the car 20-30 metres for it to become apparent to which I was told, "oh in that case an engineer will need to take it home overnight and drive it on the motorway to locate the noise". At this point I told them in no uncertain terms that I didn't want someone taking a joy ride in my car for the evening, a quick 2 minute spin around the block would be more than sufficient to which the person I was talking to seemed to get the strop.

They really are f*wits of the highest order. This makes me realise even more the importance of finding a good knowlegeble indie. I think I shall be having some words with the service manager when I go to see them.

Last edited by Guvernator; 04-25-2012 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 0