View Single Post
      04-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

OK further update. Got up early to go and see the service manager this morning. After getting a little irrate and telling him about the misinformation and run around I'd been given over the last few days, he agreed I'd been messed around and set about trying to put it right.

Took me to see the workshop manager who offered to come out with me there and then to see if he could locate the noise. As predicted he acknowledged the rattle after going about 20m down the road so we turned back round.

Just got a call to say they've identified the issue as a bracket which has come loose. He has ordered a new bracket and some sound deadening washers which are supposed to be used in any parts in the roof mechanism so car should be back sans annoying noise tomorrow. Best part is it should all be covered under warranty, a thumbs up from me for the extended warranty then!

So it seems a good result to turn it around in the end, it's just a shame they seem to employ front end staff who haven't got a clue and it took 3 days and for me to take a morning off work to go down their and have a moan before what should have been a very simple issue was sorted out.
Appreciate 0