View Single Post
      08-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #262
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6
It doesnt bother anyone that he hasn't posted in this thread in a month and said he would post up data at that same time? If anyone else did business like that, forget it.

The N52 was a new vision by BMW in its effiecient dynamics program. They devised a way to make a very light weight engine block by using magnesium in areas where they could. It was a great idea and excellent execution by the company but it was done to keep it light weight but not strong much above stock parameters. At stock or near stock power levels the engine is a very good performer. Turn up the power and things will go wrong. Just look what high performance parts/tunes BMW makes for it. Not much. Doesnt that speak volumes?

The fact that the N52's time is quickly coming to an end with no new aluminum/magnesium blocks on the horizon tells me that it was a grand experiment that kinda failed. Its replacement is an all aluminum block with forged internals that is way over built and easily capable of much greater numbers that factory stock. And already it has quite a few upgrades available. I guess time will tell if this N52 S/C kit comes to market. Waiting, waiting, waiting......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin@MMW View Post
Oh its all labeled, I will post them up tonight for you guys.

Any special requests for Data logging? (anything specific you want to see from BT Tool?)

Ill be doing more logging this week and still tweaking with things.
Bmw race series for 130i had these WAY over 300hp. Other people have had them close to 350hp

I can't guarantee that the engine wont fail at 430-500hp FI.. but when you can get a fragile 1.6/1.8 honda to 500hp i can be 90% sure

Since you have no proof the n52 can't handle it, no need to post about it?

Ed: the reason they stopped alumg is because it is MUCH more expensive.. You know the n52 internals are forgrd too, right? I'm guessing not
Appreciate 0