08-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #264
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Bmw race series for 130i had these WAY over 300hp. Other people have had them close to 350hp

I can't guarantee that the engine wont fail at 430-500hp FI.. but when you can get a fragile 1.6/1.8 honda to 500hp i can be 90% sure

Since you have no proof the n52 can't handle it, no need to post about it?

Ed: the reason they stopped alumg is because it is MUCH more expensive.. You know the n52 internals are forgrd too, right? I'm guessing not
Racing engines are beefed up units and often rebuilt or replaced after every race or thereabouts. Comparing them to production engines doesnt wash.

Yes its more expnsive to make the composite blocks. But they knew that going in and went on anyway.
If it were such a great idea and successful they would still be at it. They also would have used the N52 block in the high hp cars(135/335/is models/1M) but they didnt. Cost had nothing to do with it. Weakness did.

Im not sure if the internals are forged or not. Granted I did type that under the assumption they're cast. Would like to know for sure if you can supply a link that would be great.
Appreciate 0