DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
I've reached the point where I am pushing the car hard enough on the track to where the stock disks and calipers are not able to last a full 20 minute session without heat issues. It is getting so bad that every time I go to the track, I loose wheel weights because the wheels get extremely hot. Yes, I've used the aluminium duct foil trick and that does not seem to provide a solution.

I can't justify spending $7K on Brembo or Stoptech BBK on a car that sits 5 days out of the week in the garage, sees less than 7000 miles per year and perhaps 10 track days per season.

With that being said, where can I purchase Rotora BBK for my car?

Thanks in advance.
For your brake issue, I think you've got to look at two separate issues... one, will the upgrade you're considering actually improve your heat dissipation? And second, will you be able to get brake pads that are appropriate for the track for that brake setup.

For the rotora setup, I have no idea what the pad availability is, or if anyone has used this thing at the track, whether the rotors hold up, whether the pad heat range is appropriate, etc... I don't think people have really used it aside from for looks.

With the issues you are seeing, I would look into Racing Brake's setups. Do a quick search and you'll see what products they offer.
Appreciate 0