United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335I talian Stallion NJ View Post
A Few questions George...

I read an article stating that you can use a quick detailer spray over the car as a waterless wash to save time as long as the car is not very dirty... my car was outside with the rain last night but does not look dirty, just some bugs on the front bumper... is it ok to use the QD or should I do a full wash? Also how dirty is too dirty to use a car duster... also how dirty is too dirty to use a quck detailer?

Also what is a foam gun and is it safer to use than a wash mitt?

My car had a full detail just on Friday sealed with optimum's optiseal. Thanks!
I replied to your PM, but I'll answer here as well so everyone can see it.

You are safe to waterless wash as long as you've properly washed a couple days before hand. Do not completely replace the full car wash with the waterless wash method. I would say to be safe don't waterless wash your car more then twice inbetween proper washes.

To make sure the car is not too dirty find in your mind the most unseen or not looked at paint of your car and mist the area with QD. When you make your first 2-3 passes with your MF towl check to see how soiled it is. If it's turned black then you'll be better off to just wash the car. If it's only slightly dirty then go do the entire car.

To remove bugs and bird poo spray the area with the QD and allow it to set in for a minute or so. Then go ahead and wipe clean. If it all doesn't come off in the first pass no worries, spray it again, let it set in and wipe the rest off.

As for the foam guns, I've never used one. George prolly knows more then I do. But I would say that a good sheepskin wash mit and a proper lubricating car wash is the absolute best and most effective way to clean your car. If your lazy then get the foam gun or Mr. Clean whatever. If you care about your car just do it the proper way the first time.

Any questions?

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0