Lieutenant
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 & E60 M5 & F55 Mini

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .fLip. View Post
WTF!??! how did this happen? bmw lug nuts?
Thanks, ya they were bmw lug nuts.

glad u made it out to talk bout it tho
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Oh my god man! Are you OK? How did this happen?
We are fine, I was with my wife and my mother in law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
At least your ok?
WTF Happend?
We are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
spacers gone bad?

No spacers.

Do you folks use locktite on your lugs?

Man this is scary stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
WOW, glad your alive. maybe someone played a really bad prank on you. no way all of them came loose
I realy don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92ben View Post
GLAD YOUR OKAY! You got some haters man! Someone doesn't like you at all. Haha
Thanks, I wasn't in town. I was in Arkansas, which is 4 hours away from where I live, for thanksgiving.
This happened Friday on my way back to Oklahoma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman.defense View Post
wheel locks wouldve prevented this?
Not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj25 View Post
that is some serious damage! obviously the lug nuts were not tightened, or the wheel studs snapped off and were not properly threaded.
They might have been not tightened or over tightened.

So what happened is that I heard something exploding and the car was sliding but traction was trying to hold it, it was hard to control the wheel and the car since the left tire wasn't moving but all three tires were okay. Didn't break hard at all because that would make us just spin and spin, finally stopped at the shoulder of the highway and opened my door looked at it and my first reaction was "OH MY GOD" finally came out of the car and looked at it, car was sitting on the tire like the pictures, thanks to the fender for holding the tire, all lug nuts were not there and not near the car (couldn't find them). It could have been so much worse if the tire just flew away. Thanks God the tire stuck in there and even held the car by a paper width of the ground. What you see on the body is because of the rubber hitting the body. The tire is a total loss and the bumper will need to be replaced. Body will need to be buffed out, also the hub might need to be replaced, hopefully this is it.

Current: F80 M3, E60 M5, F55 Mini Cooper, VW Touareg.
Previous: E92 328i, F30 328i, VW GTI, F36 428i, E85 Z4.
Appreciate 0