View Single Post
      01-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #45
Aducille
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Angry Response to CSSNMS and Puerto Rican 335d

Gents,
YES, I expect BMW to stand behind their product, and NO, I shouldn't have to buy an extended warranty in this age of 100,000 mile powertrain warranties from manufacturers like Chevrolet, Hyundai, and KIA. It is completely unacceptable that a less than 2 year old car with 57,000 gently driven highway miles should be experiencing catastrophic engine problems (YES, It's 'catastrophic' when I'm on the highway & lose power). Furthermore, I'm not "fortunate" that they covered the injectors - that's the LEAST they could do. I INVESTED in this car, thinking I'd have a quality product that would last for several years & 200k+ miles with proper maintenance & sane driving. I've kept up my end of the bargain with proper maintenance & sane driving. What's BMW's excuse? A word to the wise: If you have to buy an "Extended Warranty" in order to feel good about your NEW CAR purchase, you're being HOSED. Good luck.
Side note: The same issue happened today for the 2nd time in 3 weeks, so YES, I'm PISSED, and DONE with BMW forever. Happy Motoring!
Appreciate 0