View Single Post
      08-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #1072
pusb365
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

So my first BMW and i'm thinking of getting rid of it already...

At the end of April I bought a car from a dealer. It’s a E90 320i, has Full BMW service history and had around 65k on the clock. I thought it was a good price (£5k).

However I’ve had no end of problems with it:

Started off with a major oil leak just a couple of days after I had it. It was pissing oil everywhere and needed a valve cover gasket replacement.
Car would occasionally go into limp mode, would reset itself if left alone for a good few hours but needed sorting. Needed a new valvetronic motor.
Squeaky steering
Another oil leak
Now it has serious clutch judder when pulling away in first gear, not all the time but far too regular. Probably going to need a new clutch.

Some of the above I have paid for, some the dealer has paid for.

Now, should I get the clutch done and hope that’s it and that I’ve just been unlucky so far, or should I just cut my losses and sell it (almost certainly for less than I paid for it, plus obviously the money I have spent on repairing it)?

And yes, I'm aware it's an old-ish car and that there are bound to be problems with it now and then. I just did not expect this many problems in such a short space of time
Appreciate 0