View Single Post
      12-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Just to be clear what I am saying is run dynamic traction control (DTC) "on" (one short push). DSC (dynamic stability control) and DTC full "off" is press and hold for several seconds.

I would recommend DTC on but if you're going to mess around in a parking lot try both. I run Conti DWS year round up in the mountains, lots of snow and ice, prefer DTC on for normal driving. Lets you get the tail out a bit but not too much.

DSC is the default setting always on until changed by driver. It cuts throttle inputs to limit oversteer, and causes a lot of understeer (plowing) on low traction surfaces. Also uses brakes individually. DTC just uses individual brakes to control traction, not as much chassis control but some, and no throttle fiddling. Mild oversteer allowed. DSC/DTC full off is just e-diff front and rear, plus transfer case still works, zero chassis control, just AWD traction.

I have found on ice or snow DSC is too invasive, but everything off has no safety margin. Some situations I can't even get going with DSC on.

Last edited by ajsalida; 12-27-2013 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 0