View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #10
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Hi,
I read through the whole thread so I understand this is an experiment.

With Ca
1. You can't lock the doors with the door switch if a door is open.
You cannot lock yourself out if the key is in proximity.

2. Yes you can lock the door, but I don't know if the locking of the door takes priority and will prevent you from unlocking by grabbing the door handle.

Without Ca
1. You can't lock the doors with the door switch if a door is open.
With the remote you can trigger the lock function with the door open and throw the remote into the car and lock yourself out. otherwise, you are hard pressed to lock yourself out. You cannot lock yourself out by using the switch on the dash, because a door open means you can only unlock the rest of the doors.

2. Yes, you can lock the second key in the vehicle. Without CA, the car knows nothing about the remote. You will need a locksmith, primary remote, or a bat to open the car, if you do this. But you just used the first key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBasinger View Post
I've got a few questions regarding cars equipped with Comfort Access and those without it.

Let's start with those with Comfort Access:

1. If one were to keep their full function spare key within the vehicle, would they be able to lock the doors via the door switch, exit the vehicle, and close the door without the car automatically unlocking the doors?

2. If one were to keep their full function spare key within the vehicle, would they be able to exit the vehicle, close the door, then lock the car with their primary remote without the car automatically unlocking or alerting them that there is still a key present inside the vehicle?

Cars without Comfort Access:

1. If one were to keep their full function spare key within the vehicle, would they be able to lock the doors via the door switch, exit the vehicle, and close the door without the car automatically unlocking the doors?

2. If one were to keep their full function spare key within the vehicle, would they be able to exit the vehicle, close the door, then lock the car with their primary remote without the car automatically unlocking or alerting them that there is still a key present inside the vehicle?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0