02-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #14
Thp4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBasinger
I've got a few questions regarding cars equipped with Comfort Access and those without it.

Let's start with those with Comfort Access:

1. If one were to keep their full function spare key within the vehicle, would they be able to lock the doors via the door switch, exit the vehicle, and close the door without the car automatically unlocking the doors?

2. If one were to keep their full function spare key within the vehicle, would they be able to exit the vehicle, close the door, then lock the car with their primary remote without the car automatically unlocking or alerting them that there is still a key present inside the vehicle?

Cars without Comfort Access:

1. If one were to keep their full function spare key within the vehicle, would they be able to lock the doors via the door switch, exit the vehicle, and close the door without the car automatically unlocking the doors?

2. If one were to keep their full function spare key within the vehicle, would they be able to exit the vehicle, close the door, then lock the car with their primary remote without the car automatically unlocking or alerting them that there is still a key present inside the vehicle?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
I have had CA on my last two BMWs. If you leave a spare key in the vehicle, the car will ignore it like it is not there. So, provided you have the other key in your pocket, you can lock and unlock car as usual. If you do not have a key in your pocket, the car will not unlock (or lock) as the system is able to detect the signal of spare key inside the car and not outside. As to the second question, the car will not allow you to use the lock button on dash to lock car and then exit regardless of whether or not the extra key in the vehicle.

Sounds like its time to have your insured give a deposition under oath.
Appreciate 0