03-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #18
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripster View Post
Go straight to Canon. The guy at the camera shop probably thinks you're some noob that can't use a camera. They probably see a lot of this with digital SLRs. What you describe doesn't sound right and if you state that on the phone to Canon, I don't see how they could refuse a repair. You just have to be firm.
Same result unfortunately but you're right, I need to be firm. I come off as not knowing what I'm doing when I don't know where certain settings are.

Here is what the Canon guy told me to do, but he never really explained why. He said to rub a pencil erasor on the lens contact and use a microfiber towel on the body contact which I did. He asked me what mode I was shooting on and I said manual and he made me put it on any other setting so I did. He told me to put it on partial metering. Then he said to test it out. I did and it was still doing it and then he said to go to some tutorial on some website to learn more about the settings and that was it. Should I try calling back again and getting a differnt person?

Also, as far as the wideangle lens goes, I think I want the 10-22. Is that a good everyday lens?

Appreciate 0