Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileinstall View Post
Dension Ice Link One is a good bit of kit, works with any iPod on any car. You should be able to get that fitted with the iPod cradle on a non drill bracket for less than £150

Hi Chris

You were customer No.5 for this product so you weren't a complete Guinea Pig. I always avoid selling new kit like the plague when it first ships as there are always software glitches for the first few months but this product has been extensively tried and tested in Germany for months before we got our stock over here.

Hi Macdo I fit stuff in cars for a living, its a genuine professional occupation which I've been doing for 26 years and its important for me as it feeds my kids.
There's no point in anyone like myself trying to just sell stuff as a legitimate UK business.
There will already be a load of people who will have bought pallet loads of these kits from germany and selling them from vat free havens on ebay cheaper than I can buy them in 10's trade from the UK distributor.

Installation costs around £50+vat, Trust me, its worth it. I guarantee you won't be able to fit it without marking your trim and if you break those fibre optics its mega money to replace. Get a good installer to supply and fit you one his work comes with £5,000,000 worth of insurance and a 12 month on site warranty.

In the time it would take for YOU to fit it I could be in and out slotted it in without making a mark on your motor and left you plenty of time to do whatever it is YOU do best to make the £50.

I really hope you don't take offence at this, I have absolutely no idea what it is you do for a living but say for instance you're a doctor and I was to say insulin sounds brilliant where is the chemist? then you might understand how I feel.

Its true what I do isn't brain surgery, I think brain surgeons earn about 150x more an hour than me.
+1

I couldn't agree more.

I know that a lot of people enjoy doing their own work on cars but I am so cack handed it really isn't worth the risk of causing expensive/unsightly damage.
Appreciate 0