dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Shift View Post
Oem rotors or after market?

I noticed with the aftermarkets they warp very easily. Which can cause the weird vibrations.
I went with R1Concepts rotors which are supposed to be pretty good in quality. I haven't done nearly enough heavy braking to get the rotors to warp in the three months I've had them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbiii View Post
I'd get that lower control arm fixed first since it could be the source of much of what you describe. Those bushings control that front left wheels stability and tracking. They can squeak or clunk on starting and stopping if they are too worn. The A-pillar is probably the seat belt deceleration locking mechanism in action. Its close to your ear and sometimes you can hear it.
The control arm I'm a bit skeptical on, to be honest. The shop that did my wheels said it would need to be done "sometime soon," but it hasn't been mentioned by the dealer when I brought my car for recall service and they do their full inspection (they look for anything they can try to convince you to get service for). I've noticed zero issues with stability, handling is as good as ever, no pulling to one side, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave96dcm View Post
Bed them in. You can re bed (which is just getting them hot enough to cook off glazing from moderate breaking) every time they start to squeak. Ask them how many grams they are balancing to and tell them the specific speeds. There's no such thing as a "perfect" balance. Just cause they're "balanced" could mean within 15 grams or whatever. Or ounces.
I'll have the shop rebalance the wheels and search harder to find somewhere I can bed the brakes. Thanks!