A418t81
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Ever changing fleet

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post

A418t81, I do want to say that you are a huge value to this forum and appreciate everything you add. I just saw the dyno and was looking for more information. If you prefer, I will just leave the thread as is and remove my posts out of respect.
Former, I have absolutely no problem with people discussing the results at hand, and having a technical debate about it. That's what discussion forums are for, and we all learn a little (or a lot ) when doing so. I appreciate counter points quite a bit as I'm usually the one who plays devils advocate myself.

That said, you are right in a sense about the IC. NO IC will add 40+ whp with no change in boost pressure. The reason that this addition did do such a thing is due to the fact that boost WAS added over the stock IC run. It's all part of the IAT decay routine intrinsic to the JB3. The whole purpose of this routine is to adapt for the increased cooling capacity of aftermarket units. The boost that has been "added" in this case is actually the boost that isn't trimmed off by the rocketing IATs.

I personaly was a little skeptical, but they have dynos of cars on stock boost pressure gaining 10+ whp. There's certainly plenty of evidence that at double the factory boost, and pushing the envelope of the turbos that another 10-12 whp can be realized with the much cooler IATs, and increased flow through the unit when talking about peak power. The extra gain above 6500 can be explained by my previous few posts.

Also, I was just looking at my stock boost runs. I gained 5-6 whp, but if you look, the dynos deviate in their power production in exactly the same manner as the high boost runs beginning in the low 4k region.