02-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #18
Sal Collaziano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
That's okay! The sedan and coupe are both getting a 0-60 in 4.8 seconds.. I'm sure the coupe weighs less so I'm not sure how that is.. As for the HPFP, I get a funny feeling it has something to do with driving on a very, very low tank of gas to fill with race fuel at the track. I could be wrong. In any event, I hear there's a new replacement fuel pump from BMW that's going to fix the problem. Though this is the third attempt - so who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt335i View Post
DOH! My bad. I must correct myself.
Yeah. I was under the impression that the stock 2005+ Mustang GT had a slight edge in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. On some online car site, I remember seeing some specs where the 335i did 0-60 in the mid 5 secs and a high 13's. Must've been a sedan or the testers didn't do a very good test on it. I shoulda checked other sites. Opps!

Anyway, you're right about finance.
I get to drive the best of both worlds since I can afford a Mustang GT and BMW, in addition to my gas sipper Toyota and classic Benz. Some day I'd like to take the Stang and the 335 to the nearby Bradenton track and give them some good runs in the 1/4 mile. I just need to finish up with the break-in on the 3 and hope and pray that it doesn't get hit with the HPFP bug.