10-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter View Post
Great day, ran HPDE class 2 with my E90 335Xi. First time running this car on a race track and also first time running with my JB3 tune. Still had the factory runflats on, not bad but the car under-steered and could use something bigger than 225's up front. I am probably going to a square set-up with 245's all around. Brakes were surprisingly good. Oil temp only hit 250
( have factory oil cooler) but temperature only in 40-50's so maybe not a hard challenge.

The JB3 gave me all the power I could use, hit 135 in the back straight and 124 in the front, unfortunately I was sliding more than I would like on the turns.
Still working on my driving skills......

JB3 gives this car more power than the M3's present ( although modded Corvettes are a different matter).

Very pleasantly surprised by this car.
I was running a show wheel/tire setup. Simply aweful for the track (265/30/19 & 235/35/19 on GY F1 GS-D3 for track). I went to a square setup on 17's, 245/40/17 and was bloody happy. Dunlop Dirrezza Z1 SS. F'n awesome. Understeer was almost gone. Tried dropping pressure up front a pound or so to no avail, but will try to adjust with the KWv3 stiffness next event - which is Oct 25/26 at Watkins Glen. So friggin close on the balance - Not sure which way to go. Softer setting up front or Softer in the back a click or two.