03-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otruba_843 View Post
Alpine HID's are known to be problematic. I would call Alpine and also ditch them. They will turn your angel eyes a nice yellow too after a while from the heat. Lux is the way to go.
im not saying you're wrong because im sure it will turn them yellow because of the heat at some point but there are some guys on the forum who have been running them for a while and haven't had theirs turn yellow yet, which brings me to wonder if there is even anyone out there with a e9x that can prove that their hid kit ruined their angel eyes. I mean a 35w is really not that dense for an open light housing with huge heat sinks and although people say an hid kit will ruin their angel eyes, fogs etc i haven't really seen anyone post their experience. With that said i dont see me paying $250+ for 2 bulbs and the brightness wont really be comparable to the alpine kit

edit: i also doubt alpine would have much of a solution since i got them used, i am really only wanting to see if anyone knows if these harnesses will help with the bulb warnings
Appreciate 0