Thumperx
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 4 5 T 4 M 4 N
DCI = more surface area, get DCI. </thread>
This is the only reasonable post statement. Simplistic, but accurate. For our engines, you want more volume of air going into the combustion chambers; therefore, more bang and HP.

So you want to look for intakes whose filters have external and inverted air entry surfaces.

That's why DCI works the best for the money. Disregard anyone who says "I don't like them for the looks"! Power gains are power gains -period.

Other makes you may want consider AFE, Ingne, Dinan (expensive), and BMS.

I've used the drop-in types too (k&N) but you'll only gain over and above a certain of increased air volume compared to OEM.

Someone has mentioned the OEM design is pretty good, and I agree with that statement. But to maximize the potential difference, one of the stated aftermarket intakes will best match your Cobb tune.
Name: Blanca | 07 E92 | AW-Blk | ZSP | Alcon BBK | M3 Bits | VM RR Links | Koni | UUC Sways | V5 | Dinan CAI | ETS IC | Fge DV | ER CP | Cyba | Raden. Exh | Mod Step | Trunk Drawer | Perf LED Wheel | Illum Dr Sills | IS Shifter | Parrot | Philps D1S | 6000k fog | MTECH RR | CSL Trunk | Aero | Roof Spoiler | PSS on BBS RS-GT 19s
Appreciate 0