05-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #94
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humtek View Post
I haven't tried it at 85% yet. I'm on piss 91oct here so I'm skeptical. I used to have the 2-19 maps on my Rev I procede, but recently had to lower the default from 90% down to 85% because the gas around here recently has seemed to not be as good as quality as it was once before, hence why I started out at 80% with the beta maps. In other words I've been getting cylinder glows (knock). Funny thing is I only would get knock in 4th gear at around 4,000rpm's. Sometimes it would be cylinder 5 sometimes cylinder 4, but an easy erase with the BT tool and I'm good to go. The only thing I can think of is the gas quality is becoming poor in my area. Most stations have dropped 91oct and have moved down to 90oct. I have 17k miles on her, so I may be due for some new plugs, but I rather not have to replace them if it is just my shitty gas.
Humtek,
That's very possible given your high altitude conditions and the fact that most gas stations up there tend to run lower octane since they assume that the high altitude means less compression/cylinder pressure. Unfortunately, this isn't the case with turbo cars as we all know. So, for now, the only solution for you would be to reduce UT until octane or conditions improve. The PROcede will do this automatically very soon. But for now, you'll just need to do it manually. You can try changing plugs as well but, by the sounds of it, it looks like an octane issue.

Shiv
Appreciate 0