View Single Post
      12-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #531
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Chandlers BMW Portslade

My first cracked alloy , at 10,000mls car was in for its first MOT and I was waiting in the coffee lounge and the service guy came across and said we have some bad news sir, Failed its mot on a cracked wheel ,the good news we can try and source a replacement foc on monday if it passes the run out test,

I took the day off work and went back and had a chat and said if I understand it from the parts guys the newer versions no longer crack ! , So as it is a common fault and a known fault would it make sense to replace both to save me comming in again , NO! when it breaks we will do a runout test and go from there , he said BMWs policy is if it isnt broke it isnt replaced ,I said really we have a 6cyl petrol 325i and to my knoledge when 1 coil pack failed you replaced it with 6 and 6 inj and 6 plugs ,He said that is different it is a known fault , I said so is the wheels breaking so much so it has been on watchdog . Any way the wheel was replaced and the other rear given a clean bill of health i was sent on my way.

This week I had BMW send me a customer service satisfaction survey , So I filled it in as I felt appropriate and bugger me if The Service manager form the branch called me to almost challenge my opinions on her team ,We had a conversation and at the end of it she said ,I can fully appreciate your stance as in if a coil pack fails and the car goes in to limp mode its ok and safe to use, If a rear wheel goes and ruins a tyre and my wife and kids are stranded out somewhere im going to be so pissed off it wont be printable.

I thought it ballsy of her to call me up ,but fair play she was doing her best for her team , we agreed to disagree and she said she would have another crack at getting it sorted as in put the newer version on for peace of mind.I said I didnt expect to hear from her because she had already said she had done her best for me.

It shows the Feed back is read and fair play I have one new wheel supplied foc and now have to wait for the other to fail and go from there
Appreciate 0