View Single Post
      10-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #316
christopherboyce
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xDrive, 2006 325i

Garage List
I just wanted to thank the OP and all of the contributors to this thread. I had always wanted to add power in my back console (my original rear console was just like above - beige - with just the A/C), but just had been putting it off. I had found the rear console and ordered it, along with the tray insert, before I found this thread. This just made it so much easier!

I was planning on changing out the armrest to a split armrest, too, and thought I'd put it off and just do everything at once.

Well, finally got around to doing it today after sitting on the parts for a few weeks. I installed everything - armrest and rear mod - and had it all buttoned back up within 20 minutes. What a difference it makes. I really enjoy the look of it.

I also wanted to add that I just used two of the 3M Quick Connects (not four that was mentioned in the OP). The two reds can go into one connect and the two browns in the other.

I also wanted to make sure USB ports were always handy and to be different, so I also added in official, BMW dual-USB adapters. I know there are much (okay, extremely) cheaper alternatives, which I do have, and I also have the single BMW adapters, but I wanted to really make it different and wanted it to match and be 'authentic' looking, so I added those in since they have the 'BMW' name on them - they also emit a soft green light inside of the ports, regardless if anything is plugged in, which is nice. Most of the cheaper adapters are about 1cm shorter, so they sit in a little more flush, but they don't look as good color/quality or matching-wise, so that is my only complaint - if I had one - wish they would sit in just a .5cm-1cm more, but they still look terrific. It looks impressive to me with four ports ready to go.

Thanks again, and I added pics to show the final product:

Appreciate 0