tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
There are three things to consider:

1. About 75% of men have no idea if a suit is good or not (like 95% in this thread apparently), or what makes a suit appropriate for what occasion. There is a roughly 3 out of 4 chance that the person interviewing you will be clueless and thus your choice of suit doesn't matter.

2. Since you're going into marketing, you can be a bit more free than you would be in a financial/management environment, where peak lapels are typically reserved for the hedge fund managers/bosses and signal "fuck you" authority. Peak vs. notch has nothing to do with modernity, not sure where you picked that up.

3. If you want a technical answer to your question, no, the suit is not great for interviews. For interviews you want single breasted, notch lapel navy or charcoal suit. White/light blue shirt, and a subdued tie like a brown knit. Barrel cuffs, no cufflinks. No black suits, no peak lapels. If you want a practical answer, you are going to be just fine based on my two points above so don't fucking worry about it so much. If you do great in the interview and they don't hire you because you wore peak labels you probably don't want to work there anyway.
LOL, dude, did you realize that in 1 fell swoop you managed to diss "95%" of the posters here? All I gotta say is "brown knit" tie? Srsly? I guess it's alright if you wanna look like Mr Bean...or going to an 80s retro party.
Appreciate 0