View Single Post
      01-25-2006, 12:25 PM   #38
WallyF
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 eDrive40

Garage List
E90 is a different breed

My wife and I were interested on a TL and a A4. We were most interested in the A4 quattro as we wanted four wheel drive for the midwest winters. We sat in the TL and like the car but did not test drive it as the showroom was closing. The next day we went to the Audi dealer and test drove an A4 1.8T quattro. It was a nice car but the steering was too lose. It had very little road feel.

I asked my wife if she wanted to go look at the BMW 325 just for the fun of it, before we went to test drive the TL. All three dealerships are within a mile of each other. We were not really that serious about the BMW.

Well we test drove a BMW 325i and were sold (there were no 325xi to test drive at that time). My wife, who isn't a car enthuesiast at all, drove back to the BMW dealership and said that this was the car before I even told her how much I liked the BMW. She loved the way it handled and the styling.

We never did go back and test drive the TL. It is only front wheel drive and I was not that crazy about the torque steer. We have had many front wheel drive cars in the past.

Besided, we loved the way the 325 handled. The BMW prestige was also a factor. Like someone else has already said, the TL is just a fancy Accord.

WallyF :rocks:
Appreciate 0