Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cni2i View Post
I will try the 2:1 water:isopropyl combination. Have you tried that before?
I've used clay, paint cleanser, vinegar, and Scratch-X by hand, and have had varying levels of success. I use IPA as a wipedown when I polish, but haven't tried it on water spots. If you do this, make sure you re-wax or re-seal the spot, because IPA will strip your LSP. Well, I guess all those things will strip the LSP.

In any case, I just don't worry about them so much anymore. I know that's not the greatest answer for a detailing forum. But if you wash often, you should have very few spots that actually etch. When I see water spots, I clean them the best I can and if there is etching left behind (rare, but it happens), then it's pretty much impossible to see except with a bright directional light source, so I'll just take care of it the next polish. When I polish every six months, there's bound to be at least one or two on the trunk, maybe one or two on the hood or roof, too. Since my car is my daily driver, I've come to grips with letting a few things go... but just a few, and only if it isn't visible to anyone except other detailers.