View Single Post
      08-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #41
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's & Porsche's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Regarding comments that monotubes are harsher and everything else said about monotubes ... I'm not going to disagree with those comments or anyone here, and will just state why JRZ is not included in the generalizations. I consider JRZ on a separate playing field entirely. They are a VERY different product. I would go as far to say as they design dampers with a different end goal than most dampers companies and I therefore consider them incomparable with nearly all other dampers (ok, I'll make accommodations for Motons and ludicrously-priced Penskes ...).

......edited to save room...

I wrote more than I wanted to but it has the intended effect. Most standard damper design papers and write-ups I read missed all the above and I did not understand it either until I had a proper damper installed. All of the above is some of my reasoning for why a JRZ damper is not on the same playing field. There is nil to compare here.

No offense to any vendors, of course. Nor am I advocating everyone buy JRZs, as they are rather steeply priced. I'm sure if I bought TCK S/A I would be a happy customer. And I still got around the track with my stock Bilstein B4s. JRZ is different. Better in my opinion, but that's what I want to stress - different. Different philosophy, different goals, very different result.

Edit: I'll have another writeup about my experiences on the track w/ JRZ; I took the car to Summit Point this past weekend but want to get a few more sessions under my belt before saying anything. As a teaser - the only thing I'm feeling in my car is ... the tire's contact patch. Ya...

@wonho, look what your thread turned into.

Your post and feedback is awesome and there is no doubt that JRZ has done a fantastic job of providing a very high end product!

TC Kline Racing offers an exceptional value for our single and double adjustable suspensions for the price. The fact that our double adjustable racing suspension gives equal performance for a fraction of the cost of the more expensive options is what we try to promote and they come with a lifetime warranty
Appreciate 0