MarkA
Resident Nürburgring Junkie
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron1011
Bozo,
Is actually possible to substitute rims on an order? IE, I am ordering a 325 with SP. I like the fact that the rims are 17in, but I am not CRAZY about the style. I know you can buy rims from the dealer after the fact, but I think it would be cool if I could substitute another 17' rim style instead of style 161. I guess my point is, I don't want to have to buy a second set of 162 rims/tires (for an arm and a leg), when I could have just substituted during production.

You can! (at least you can here).. with the packs I ordered I would normally be getting the 158 wheel (17'') and while I've seen the car in the flesh with those wheels and they are actually not too bad, I prefer the 161 wheels (also 17'').

There is a difference between the 158 style and the 161 style however :The 161 rears alloys are wider than the front (Front : 7.5J and Rear 8J (iirc) complete with 225 front and 255 rear sports runflat tyres) whilst the 158s are 7.5J all round and come with 225 all season touring run flat tyres) thus there is a price difference.

The options catalogue makes allowances for that and states that if for example I've already chosen the Exec Dynamic package (which obviously supplies the 158 alloy wheels and 225 tyres) then the cost to change to 161s is 500 euro.. as opposed to 1500 if I didn't already have the pack (I got my dealer to discount that further to 350 Euro).

For styles that are the same size and use the same size and type of tyre the price to change is at no cost (but must be done at ordering time).

Isn't that the same in every market?
Appreciate 0