10-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #142
DefactoM6
Sees the world the way it could be
United_States
Rep
Drives: '88 M6, '02 Z8, '09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
Excellent numbers! I am going to experiment with shifting before redline. Are you shifting around 6200rpm? I am also wondering if brake boosting might help at the beginning of the run in 3rd gear since the car is at pretty low rpms right at 60mph. Good thing about a Vbox, you will see the results of what works and what doesnt! I am really glad people are starting to use these. And I would love to see more people using them at the tracks too.

Have you done a qtr mile run on the Vbox on a level road yet? Bet you will be trapping around 124mph.
Thanks! I am shifting somewhere in that range, around 6200ish. That said, I would also imagine that there isn't that much benefit to brake boosting before 60, since you are starting your run well before 60 and the car is already under full load.

I really want to do a level 1/4 mile run, and will probably have the chance to do so on Friday...I would be thrilled with 124mph traps! Thing is, I really do have to go to a strip if I want to do 1/4 mile runs, as the topography of the area where I live is simply too hilly and wooded to find somewhere that I can safely go from 0-130. I will bring my Vbox with me to the track, and I will probably stay in it until 130 so I can get 60-130 times.