10-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #1266
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Banh Xeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle View Post
Been off the forums for awhile and just checked back in this thread. Congrats to all the new 'is' owners! I believe there was discussion a few pages back regarding the dct and higher hp mods. In the early alpha testing of the jb4 I was worried that my less than smooth shifts were a result of the dct not taking the power. I called a couple of the top dct trans experts including SSP about a clutch pack upgrade and ESS about a software mod they do on the (very similar) M3 dct. Due to lack of general demand and no conclusive evidence that the dct can't in fact handle the power, a dct upgrade on the 'is' was put on the shelf. That was a few months ago. Fwiw terry at BMS felt similarly. I sent him some logs and the latest firmware updates for the jb4 are working beautifully. When switching maps up and down, it seems the dct takes a little a time to adapt, but once it does, everything works perfectly. In my last testing session, I was out with 'hotrod182' running race gas and map 7. Shifts in sport were spot on.

I've had the jb4 on for almost a year now (10k miles) with no issues.

I had it for 20k miles on. Some issues, but small and light. im pushing 16psi right now on map 5
Appreciate 0