View Single Post
      10-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
techno10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
PE exhaust requires that you cut your existing midpipe right behind secondary cats, as the system has new midpipe included that deletes the resonator.

It installs with (3) band clamps - (1) @ each of the front midpipe joints & (1) between midpipe & muffler.

Other exhausts available include REIkon, Remus, Eisenmann, Magnaflow, AA, etc. - but they don't all include new midpipe section - most are only muffler.

If you want something <$$ than PE, don't bother considering Dinan - everything they sell is overpriced
Yeah I knew Dinan was overpriced but they claim some minor gains as well as a nice rumble.. as far as I can tell when on sale it is a similar price to the BMW PE exhaust. If there aren't better cheaper options I'm guessing it would be down to these 2.

I know 5 HP gains aren't anything but does the PE exhaust offer anything other than just sound? Is the PE exhaust lighter weight than stock? Sure I'm looking for a nice growl on the car but any gains would be beneficial (Don't want to do a DP or anything more drastic cause of warranty right now.. exhaust seems like a "Safe" upgrade).

Either way it sounds like something I wouldn't be comfortable installing myself... If it was just a bolt-on that'd be different. Guess I'll have to save up more and wait a bit.

thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0