Johnny D
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [9.16]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo23 View Post
Yes thank you, im sure it might be a little less raspy once the rear section gets warmed up. My PE cold sounds like a e46 m3 lots of rasp. But after it gets warm it goes away and is just throaty. Whats funny about what you said is my exhaust guy said the exact same thing when he pulled it off the lift, that there was no difference. I was like listen bro its a 6cyl bmw not a 427 with straight pipes lol
lol! I was thinking the same thing, but the local guys started to compare it to some of the 335i cars they have worked on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwm2287 View Post
That's good to hear, I'm hoping the headers react kindly to my setup with the PE and the secondaries intact.

How is the idle vs. under-load?

I'd imagine they come alive when you downshift and send the rpms way up for that particular gear.

Do you find yourself short shifting to keep the rpms down to not attract any unwanted attention, or do you think you will when the stock parts come off?

@Benzo23- I wish I could have the cold start PE sound all the time! I live in the northeast so it's sounding great now. Once it warms up its not too loud, but I'm hoping the headers can get me there (w/ some nice additional power)

Thanks.
Nah, even at redline its a perfect blend of sound/rasp. It doesnt attract attention. The headers and PE however would be loud as shit even with secondary cats. I like a quieter exhast, and I'd have to add a resonator to the PE with headers.

Uploaded a short vid with my cell phone. Not the best, and I only rev to around 3700rpm since my neighbors are home. Video is editing on youtube to rotate it back normal. May take a few.