06-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #431
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlondeFella View Post
Can I use a Blaupunkt THA 475 PnP - Plug & Play amplifier with the Gladen speakers? I might have found one with the cable in my price range.
If so, can this be fitted up front with the 2.5 cable or will I have to but it in the boot and use the 5 cable?
You will require 5 meter cable to have it done decently.
2.5 meter is too short.

And you will require following mod to run the underseats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
At the moment your front and rears are amped.
Front through front channels of the amp and rears through the rear channel of the amp. In OEM BMW sound system, front mids / speakers and underseats are connect in parallel, so power is halved. That is what has happened in your car.

What you should do?
1- Run rears through headunit rather amping them.
2- Manage the connections so all 4 channels get the signals from the front of your headunit.
3- Run new wires to your underseats from the amplifier. You will have to cut the wires going to your underseats and connect to these new wirings.

Here is what you should do.
1- Cut those wires and buy bullet connectors to connect these wires to each other. See number 1 in the photo. (connect wires and not connectors). Wires are colour coded, so connect the same colour wires.
2- Remaining portion of the wires on the clip on the left is input to the amplifier for the rear channel (use it for underseats). It should have signals from the front of your headunit.
So using wire tapping connectors, you should tap the wires of connector next to it (which is getting the signals for the front speaker). Once tapped correctly, all 4 channels of the amp will be getting the signals from the front of the HU.
3- Remaining portion of the wires of extreme right should be connected to the new wires going to the under seats.

So in nutshell, you should make sure that ;
- All 4 channels are getting the signals from the front of the head unit.
- Front channels of the amp will be used to power the door speakers (high passed)
- Rear channels of the amp will be used to power the under seats (low passed.

Hope that helps.