07-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #29
Zero_09
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 E90, 2011 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko View Post
Just used some black fire wet diamond sealant this past holiday on my jet black Porsche. Cant say im too impressed with the shine/gloss/wetness or depth. Nothing astonishing or ground breaking. I was a little disappointed.

It went on super easy and came off super easy!
The smell is horrible.
Slickness is very nice.
Shine is there. very nice, clear reflection.
But something is just missing, I guess that deep glow when compared to a wax. And not as wet as wax.
My nattys blue brings out more shine/wetness from black. I guess BFWD sealant isn't know and popular because of its shine but its protection longevity and decent shine combo.

This is my first time using a sealant. im gonna do a side by side comparison of nattys red and bfwd sealant on my trunk tomorrow night, as im doing my M5. Im gonna be applying nattys red on the whole car, but for comparisons sake will get some pics and compare side by side how nattys wax looks compared to bfwd sealant.
As of right now, even though sealant is the way to go for longevity, wax wins on the shine side but this is a known factor even before my review.
looking forward to the pictures.

Have you tried putting on the carnuba wax on top of the BFWD sealant? A lot of members on the detailing community put a wax over a sealant for more longevity. I picked up Ultima Paint Guard Plus but never got a chance to use it yet. I've heard that it's real easy to use those. Just wipe on and walk away. No buffing required.
Appreciate 0