kennethpetro
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i JB/Black Dakota

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I went the excessive route by undoing the rubber seal of the moon roof, fish my hand through the interior of headliner and then push the tabs in. It's very labor intensive, but it's better than damaging the clips or the retainer. They are a PITA to fix.
There are two clips that, when pushed in, pops right off just like the one in the rear. They are located on the side that's closest to your front winshield (far side would've been easier to say) There are instructions in your owners manual...i think? There is also a REALLY REALLY good pic on one of the threads for LED installation too. If you look at the light fixture directly underneath it you can make out two distinct grooves where the clips are. You really only have to get one of them unclipped and you can then slide your hand down and undo the other one. Good luck

On a side note, i have LED's in the map lights & dome light (Bimmian Hi output LED's) and they're all wacked out. The map light ALWAYS go on correctly but the dome sometime does. When it does and i leave it on for awhile, it just goes out and the floor light LED's go on ?!?!?!?! I've tried the 24 LED from BAVauto but i didn't like the way the light looked through the cover. Any ideas?
2011 Jet Black 328i, 6-Speed Manual, Black Dakota Leather, Brushed Aluminum, Harmon Kardon w/ Surround Sound, Navi, BMW Apps, iPod & USB Adapter, BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth, Full LED Interior, 6000k HID Fogs, Matte Black Kidney Grills, M3 Lip Spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, 19" Beyern Black Mesh *19x8.5 front(ET40)* *19x9.5 rear(ET30)*
Appreciate 0