cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILPowered View Post
Thanks for the responses guys-couple of questions:
1.Ok. It looks looks like I'd have to change the springs as well if going ZSP. I don't think I'd be interested in the BMW Performance parts as they would be too stiff. So if I went with the ZSP set up, I'd be wise to go with the springs as well. Figured. Does the ZSP shock/spring set up work ok with an otherwise base set up?
2. Would the Bilstein B6 option or FSD still be the best choices if I wanted to keep the stock springs? I don't really want to increase the ride height, but a minimal increase wouldn't bother me.

Thanks again all-
The ZSP package would work perfectly - technically if you made the switch your car would have the same suspension set-up as an m-sport or ZSP equiped car.

If you really want to keep the soft base springs switching the dampers to an OEM repalcement is really the only other way to go - you may notice enough of a difference to be happy with the money spent, but you may not.

If it were me and I were paying for the labor anyway to replace shocks and if you are looking to tighten things up a bit I would do the springs and shocks together. I think you can get new zsp springs/shocks for a reasonable cost through Tischer/GetBMWParts.

Also check out the classifieds section, there are often times people selling relatively new OEM set-ups for cheap after throwing coilovers on their cars.
Appreciate 0