12-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
E93Blackhawk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
The "saloon" which is popular in Europe is what we call a "station wagon".

The 3 series sedan is often referred to as the "gold standard" for a well handling production car that a guy with a small family can convince his wife is a "practical" kid hauler.

The LCI refresh for the 2009 sedan created a classic look that will last well past the current F30.

imho
Thing is i see it as, im buying a 3.0 twin turbo BMW, i dont want it to shift my kids around in, im buying this car for performance, and its sexy design (e92 lol)

I saw a 335i Estate/Touring, with all the roof bars n what not... why just why would you waste a lovely N54 twin turbo engine on a estate car...

These things are a lot of money, if i wanted to haul the family around, i would get a cheaper car, save my money and get a new 335i coupe for the fun days out.

Combining them seems weird to me. Then again, i think sedans in general are ugly, even MB's saloons, bar the new 2011 E350 CD1, there very nice.

The only saloon that otherwise I think is nice is the new A7, there a nice spacious version of the A5 with more doors. Dont think BMW did the right thing with the 335i sedan imo.

Rant over hehe
Appreciate 0